Saturday, March 14, 2009

collecting memories --wat arun with arun, surya and priya

Our trip began with this idea of taking pictures of wat arun at dawn. Then it transpired that Arun, for whom this trip was planned, was not a morning person and once he invited Priya to join us ( A ploy?), I knew it had to be later than dawn. She had to see her son, Surya off to school before she could be free. I am not complaining as she and Surya who also joined us, (not her son this time!) made the trip very enjoyable. As you can see we had a lot of sun on our trip as we set off around 9 am!

The plan to take the skytrain and later a boat to get there worked very well. We were lucky as Surya knew the system well. We thus avoided traffic, saved time and had a very enjoyable boat ride.



Wat arun as seen from our boat.
Surya and the most efficient conductor I have seen on a boat. She could also speak good english.
*
*
*
*
*
*

*

*

*

*

*

*
*
A princess? Impressive crown!
With her court!
Wat arun, http://www.bangkok.com/attraction-temple/wat-arun.html is very pleasing to the eyes by the river and I still hope to catch it at sunset! It felt good to be there after a lapse of time as very pleasant memories of visiting the place with my parents, my in-laws and both my sisters and brothers in law as well as our children remain with me.

*

I noticed that there are improvements to the surroundings and the wat (Surya?) next to wat arun looked good!
*
*
*
*
*

No comments:

Post a Comment